What to expect in your lesson
- Weekends: Every hour from 10am – 4pm, and then at 5:30pm and 7pm.
- Weekdays: 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 4pm, 5:30pm and 7pm.
- After purchasing your lesson at either a ticket window or at the Rental Shop you will proceed to the lesson meeting spot. This is at the left side of the base area on snow.
- Here you will be greeted by our friendly Ski and Ride Education Staff. If you are a first time skier or rider you will be placed in a group of other first timers. Then you will meet your instructor. He/She will get some background information to help customize your lesson.
- Your instructor will then take you to an area to begin your lesson. The first step will be familiarizing you with your equipment.
- After this you will begin with some easy sliding exercises on flat terrain.
- Once you are comfortable on your equipment your instructor will introduce you to some terrain with a slight slope. Here you will learn how to turn in both directions and stop.
- Once you and your instructor feel comfortable with your progress you will proceed to our surface lift or “Boardwalk”. On the “Boardwalk” you simply stand on a moving carpet which will take you to the top of our very easy learning terrain. At this point you will continue to improve your turning and stopping.
- Once proficient on this terrain you and your instructor will head over to our Alpha Trail and lift. Before using this lift your instructor will thoroughly explain how to use it. This short chair lift ride will take you to the top of our beginner terrain. After your first run down this trail you’ll be hooked!
- Have a great time and we hope to see you back at Greek Peak again and again!