Spring 2012 PE 128A Skiing and Snowboarding Instruction
This course is an excellent opportunity for you to learn or improve your ski or snowboard skills while earning P.E. credit. Instruction is offered from beginners through advanced skill levels. The course will meet for 6 consecutive Friday evenings starting Feb.1 2013 at Greek Peak Ski Center. The College van will leave Wells College from the front of the Main Building at 4:00 pm sharp and will leave Greek Peak at 10:30 pm to return to the Wells Campus. Each session includes a seventy five minute lesson starting at 5:30pm with practice time available after each lesson.
You must register with both the Wells College P.E. Dept. and Greek Peak prior to the start of the course.
Ski/Snowboard Course Fees:
Lessons (only), $242
Lessons & Rental Equipment, $318
N.B. The lift tickets issued to course participants are limited to the 5 hr. period from 5:00 – 10:00 pm on Fridays.
Lesson Times and Meeting Spots:
When you arrive at Greek Peak, go to the ticket windows in the Katalima (the building across the plaza from the Welcome Center) to check in and pick up your lift ticket and rental voucher (if needed). The Rental Shop is located in the next building to the East.
All Levels of Lessons are scheduled for 5:30pm. Meet at the Lesson Meeting Spot (across the bridge at far end of Rental Shop) located next to the Alpha Slope (Beginner’s Chairlift). Please be there by 5:20pm
Be sure to dress warm. It is easier to over dress and remove clothing than lack appropriate clothing. Wind and water resistant materials work best. Avoid cotton.
When you arrive at Greek Peak, you will go to the Ticket Window in the Katalima Bldg. (across from the Welcome Center) to check in and pick-up your lift ticket and rental voucher (if needed). Failure to be signed-in by your instructor could result in your being marked absent from the lesson which will affect your grade. You must attend at least one (1) of the first two scheduled lessons in order to continue your enrollment in the course. You must attend five (5) lessons (including a maximum of two (2) make up lessons) to receive college credit.
Make up Lesson Policy:
Except for extenuating circumstances requiring college advisor’s approval, the following pertain:
To receive college credit and a passing grade, you must;
1) Attend at least one (1) of the first two (2) scheduled lessons
2) Attend a total of five (5) lessons (this can include a maximum of two (2) make up lessons)
3) A make up lesson may not be completed on your scheduled lesson day and must be completed no later than the last day of your college’s program as listed below..
Please note: A make-up lesson can be performed before or after a missed lesson.
Make up Lesson Schedule:
Mondays All Levels 7:00pm
Tuesdays All Levels 7:00pm
Fridays All Levels 5:30pm
Saturdays All Levels 4:30pm
Sundays All Levels 4:30pm
Make up Lesson Procedure:
All make-up lessons must be scheduled in advance. Greek Peak reserves the right to refuse a make-up lesson that is not scheduled in advance.
The following procedure must be used for all make up lessons:
1) Email SkiandRide@greekpeak.net to inform Kim of your intention to make up a lesson. Give your name, college, student ID and the make up lesson that you plan to attend.
2) Go to the Greek Peak Ticket Window, state your intent to perform a make up lesson, present your College ID and sign in on the Make up Lesson Register. You will be given a lift ticket, rental pass (if needed) and a make up card.
3) Fill out the make up card with your name, college, college ID and date. Then, go to your regular lesson meeting place.
4) Give your make up card to your make up lesson instructor and enjoy your lesson.
All rebates will be issued in the form a credit card “credit” or check for the equivalent of the unused services of Greek Peak, less Greek Peak’s $5.00 processing fee. All requests for refunds must be made by March 1, 2013 in writing to:
Greek Peak Mountain Resort
2000 NYS Rt. 392
Cortland, NY 13045