FITN 109 Downhill Skiing and Snowboarding Instruction
This program is an excellent opportunity for you to learn or improve your ski or snowboard skills while earning FITN credit through TC3 at great savings.
Program (only) – $242 Must be paid through TC3 Bursar’s Office
If rental equipment is needed, an additional $76 Rental Fee must be paid directly to Greek Peak.
N.B. The lift tickets issued to course participants are limited to the 5 hr. period from 1:30pm – 6:30 pm on Fridays.
You must register with TC3’s Health, Fitness, Lifetime Sports & Recreation Education Dept. and Greek Peak prior to the start of the Course.
The six class course starts Friday, Feb. 1 2013 and ends Friday, Mar.15 2013. There are no scheduled classes on Friday, Mar.1 but make-up classes will be held for students in need.
When you arrive at Greek Peak, attendance will be taken in the Katalima at the registration table or at the ticket window. Plan to arrive by 1:00pm. Please be prompt. Your instructor will also sign and verify that you have participated in a lesson that day. Failure to attend a scheduled lesson will be recorded as an absence. You must attend five (5) lessons (including a maximum of two (2) make up lessons) to receive college credit. You must attend one (1) of the first two lessons to continue your enrollment in the course.
Lesson Time and Meeting Spot:
The day of your lesson you must pick up your lift ticket and rental pass (if needed) at the Ticket Window. You must wear your ticket during the program even if you have purchased a season pass. You should meet your instructor at the Lesson Meeting Spot located next to the Alpha Slope (Beginner’s Chairlift) 10 minutes before your lesson begins.
Beginner (Never Evers) Lessons are scheduled for 1:30pm
Intermediate and Advanced Lessons are scheduled for 3:00pm
Call Mark Trabucco at (607) 687-1889 or e-mail: email@example.com
Make up Lesson Policy:
Except for extenuating circumstances requiring college advisor’s approval, the following pertain:
To receive college credit and a passing grade, you must;
1) Attend at least one (1) of the first two (2) scheduled lessons
2) Attend a total of five (5) lessons (this can include a maximum of two (2) make up lessons)
3) A make up lesson may not be completed on your scheduled lesson day and must be completed no later than the last day of your college’s program as listed below.
Please note: 1) A make-up lesson can be performed before or after a missed lesson.
Make up Lesson Schedule:
The opportunity to perform a make up lesson will start on 2/23 and end on 3/15/2013.
Mondays All Levels 7:00pm
Tuesdays All Levels 7:00pm
Fridays All Levels 5:30pm
Saturdays All Levels 4:30pm
Sundays All Levels 4:30pm
Make up Lesson Procedure:
All make-up lessons must be scheduled in advance. Greek Peak reserves the right to refuse a make-up lesson that is not scheduled in advance.
The following procedure must be used for all make up lessons:
1) Email SkiandRide@greekpeak.net to inform Kim of your intention to make up a lesson. Give your name, college, student ID and the make up lesson that you plan to attend.
2) Go to the Greek Peak Ticket Window, state your intent to perform a make up lesson, present your College ID and sign in on the Make up Lesson Register. You will be given a lift ticket, rental pass (if needed) and a make up card.
3) Fill out the make up card with your name, college, college ID and date. Then, go to your regular lesson meeting place.
4) Give your make up card to your make up lesson instructor and enjoy your lesson.
Course Fee Reduction Policy
It is the policy of Greek Peak Mountain Resort that no reduction of course fees will be given for withdrawals (from the course) which occur after your college’s DROP deadline.
A consideration will be given for medical conditions (occurrences) that prevent an enrollee from participating in or completing their ski/snowboard program. The consideration is as follows:
- Anyone seeking a course fee reduction must send a letter of request, including medical documentation of illness / injury (physician’s statement or hospital report, containing diagnosis and treatment), to Greek Peak Mtn. Resort, Attn: George Brechbiel, 2000 NYS Rte. 392, Cortland, NY 13045, by March 1, 2013
- The reduced fee (amount charged) will be a prorated portion of course fees (lesson and rental fees) based on the number of program weeks remaining after the occurrence date of the medical condition preventing participation, less a $5 processing fee.
- The full course fee will be charged if withdrawal occurs after completion of a 5th lesson.