Spring 2012 CEO 122 – Skiing/Snowboarding
This course is one of the few CEO courses that may be taken more than one time for credit. Binghamton University’s Instructor of Record is Steve Busch at firstname.lastname@example.org and Birdie High at email@example.com.
Six consecutive Friday afternoons starting Feb. 1 2013 through Mar. 8 2013.
Bus schedule: Departure from East Gym Parking Lot Fridays at 2:30 pm and return approx. 10:00 pm
Six consecutive Sunday afternoons starting Feb. 3 2013 through Mar. 10 2013.
Bus Schedule: Departure from East Gym Parking Lot Sundays at 12:00pm (noon) and return approx. 7:30 pm
Each session includes a seventy five minute lesson, with practice time and Activities Based Training before and after each lesson.
Students must register for the course on BU BRAIN as well as Greek Peak.
You may also register with the Greek Peak College Rep. in the East Gym lobby, Wednesday Jan. 30 2013 from noon-5 p.m.
Program and Bus $362
Program, Bus & Rental $438
The lift tickets issued to course participants are valid for a 5 hr. period; Sundays from 1:00 – 6:00pm and Fridays from 3:30 – 8:30 pm.
Course Changes or Drops:
No refunds will be awarded after the semester’s Drop/Add period. A consideration will be given for medical conditions that prevent the enrollee from completing the course.
All students who sign up for this course are responsible for checking their University email and blackboard accounts for messages. Communications like class cancellations will be posted here. Please check for your messages the day before and the day of your class.
If you do not ride the bus, you will pick up your lift ticket and rental voucher (if needed) at the Greek Peak Groups and Programs Ticket Window.
First time/Beginners Lessons start at 1:30 pm
Intermediate and Advanced Lessons start at 3:00 p.m.
All Levels of Lessons start at 4:00pm
Lessons meet at the Lesson Meeting Spot located next to the Alpha Slope (beginners’ area). If exiting Rental Building proceed directly across metal bridge. Look for yellow fencing. Please arrive to your lesson 10 minutes early.
Be sure to dress warmly. Outer clothing should be windproof and snow shedding. It is better to over dress and shed additional layers than to lack the appropriate clothing.
When you register for the course be sure your schedule will permit you to attend at least 5 lessons (including a maximum of two (2) make up lessons) in order to receive college credit. You must attend one (1) of the first two scheduled lessons to continue enrollment in the course. When you arrive at Greek Peak, attendance will be taken. Failure to sign in will result in you being marked absent from your lesson.
Make Up Lessons
Make up Lesson Policy:
Except for extenuating circumstances requiring college advisor’s approval, the following pertain:
To receive college credit and a passing grade, you must;
1) Attend at least one (1) of the first two (2) scheduled lessons
2) Attend a total of five (5) lessons (this can include a maximum of two (2) make up lessons)
3) A make up lesson may not be completed on your scheduled lesson day and must be completed no later than the last day of your college’s program as listed below.
4) A make-up lesson can be performed before or after a missed lesson.
5) You may ride the bus, on your non-scheduled day, to perform a make up lesson.
Make up Lesson Schedule:
The opportunity to perform a make up lesson will start on Friday 2/22 and end on Sunday 3/10.
Mondays All Levels 7:00pm
Tuesdays All Levels 7:00pm
Fridays All Levels 5:30pm
Saturdays All Levels 4:30pm
Sundays All Levels 4:30pm
Make up Lesson Procedure:
All make-up lessons must be scheduled in advance. Greek Peak reserves the right to refuse a make-up lesson that is not scheduled in advance.
The following procedure must be used for all make up lessons:
1) Email SkiandRide@greekpeak.net to inform Kim of your intention to make up a lesson. Give your name, college, student ID and the make up lesson that you plan to attend.
2) Go to the Greek Peak Groups & Programs Ticket Window, state your intent to perform a make up lesson, present your College ID and sign in on the Make up Lesson Register. You will be given a lift ticket, rental pass (if needed) and a make up card.
3) Fill out the make up card with your name, college, “B” # and date. Then, go to your regular lesson meeting place.
4) Give your make up card to your make up lesson instructor and enjoy your lesson.
It is the policy of Greek Peak Mountain Resort that no refund of course fees will be given for withdrawals (from the course) which occur after your college’s DROP deadline.
A consideration will be given for medical conditions (occurrences) that prevent an enrollee from participating in or completing their ski/snowboard program.
The consideration is as follows:
- Anyone seeking a refund must send a letter of request, including medical documentation of illness / injury (physician’s statement or hospital report, containing diagnosis and treatment), to Greek Peak Mtn. Resort, Attn: George Brechbiel, 2000 NYS Rte. 392, Cortland, NY 13045, by March 1,2013.
- The amount refunded will be a prorated portion of course fees (lesson and rental fees) based on the number of program weeks remaining after the occurrence date of the medical condition preventing participation. The bus transportation charge ($120) included in the course fee is not refundable.
- All refunds will be issued in the form a credit card “credit” or check for the equivalent of the unused services of Greek Peak, less Greek Peak’s $5.00 processing fee.
- There will be no refund of course fees if withdrawal occurs after completion of a 5th lesson.