College Course for Skiing/Snowboarding
Binghamton University students can take a downhill skiing or snowboarding course at Greek Peak Mountain Resort and receive college credit. Greek Peak offers instructional programs to students of all ability levels, beginner through expert. You’ll have fun while learning or improving . . . and get college credit at the same time.
This course is one of the few CEO courses that may be taken more than one time for credit. The course runs for six (6) consecutive weeks and includes a Night Lift Ticket, Lesson, and Rentals if needed. It is important that your schedule permits attendance on this night throughout the season. Binghamton University’s Instructor of Record is Steve Busch at email@example.com and Birdie High at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Six consecutive Friday afternoons starting Jan. 31 2014 through Mar. 7 2014.
Bus schedule: Departure from East Gym Parking Lot Fridays at 2:30 pm and return approx. 10:00 pm
Six consecutive Sunday afternoons starting Feb. 2 2014 through Mar. 9 2014.
Bus Schedule: Departure from East Gym Parking Lot Sundays at 12:00pm (noon) and return approx. 7:30 pm
Each session includes a seventy five minute lesson, with practice time and Activities Based Training before and after each lesson.
Students must register for the course on BU BRAIN as well as Greek Peak. To register with Greek Peak, go to the Community Pass online registration system.
Fees and Payment:
Program and Bus $362
Program and Bus with Rental $438
The lift tickets issued to course participants are valid for a 5 hr. period; Sundays from 1:00 – 6:00pm and Fridays from 3:30 – 8:30 pm.
Course Changes or Drops:
No refunds will be awarded after the semester’s Drop/Add period. A consideration will be given for medical conditions that prevent the enrollee from completing the course.
All students who sign up for this course are responsible for checking their University email and blackboard accounts for messages. Communications like class cancellations will be posted here. Please check for your messages the day before and the day of your class.
Except for extenuating circumstances requiring college advisor’s approval, the following must be achieved in order to receive college credit and a passing grade:
- Attend at least one of the first two scheduled lessons.
- Attend a total of five lessons (to include a maximum of two make up lessons)
If you do not ride the bus, you will pick up your lift ticket and rental voucher (if needed) at the Greek Peak Groups and Programs Ticket Window.
First time/Beginners Lessons start at 1:30pm
Intermediate and Advanced Lessons start at 3:00pm
First time/Beginners Lessons start at 4:00pm
Intermediate and Advanced Lessons start at 5:30pm
Lessons meet at the Lesson Meeting Spot located next to the Alpha Slope (beginners’ area). If exiting Rental Building proceed directly across metal bridge. Look for yellow fencing. Please arrive to your lesson 10 minutes early.
Be sure to dress warmly. Outer clothing should be windproof and snow shedding. It is better to over dress and shed additional layers than to lack the appropriate clothing.
Make up Lessons:
A make up lesson may not be completed on your scheduled lesson day and must be completed no later than the last day of your college’s program as listed below.
NOTE: Make-up lessons can be attended before or after a missed lesson. Bus transportation is not provided to attend make up lessons.
The opportunity to perform a make up lesson will start after each college’s 4th scheduled lesson and end on each college’s 6th lesson day.
- Mondays All Levels 7:00pm
- Fridays All Levels 7:00pm
- Saturdays All Levels 4:30pm
- Sundays All Levels 4:30pm
Make up Lesson Procedure:
Upon arrival at Greek Peak, go to the main Ticket Window in the Katalima building to sign in and pick up your lift ticket and rental form, if needed. Students using bus transportation will receive their lift ticket and rental form on the bus. Then, proceed to the Lesson Meeting Spot and explain that you need to take a make up lesson. The instructor will give you a card to fill in with your name, College, Student ID # and Date. Be sure the card has been returned to the Instructor to receive credit for your make up lesson.
It is the policy of Greek Peak Mountain Resort that no refund of course fees will be given for withdrawals (from the course) which occur after your college’s DROP deadline.
A consideration will be given for medical conditions (occurrences) that prevent an enrollee from participating in or completing their ski/snowboard program.
The consideration is as follows:
- Anyone seeking a refund must send a letter of request, including medical documentation of illness / injury (physician’s statement or hospital report, containing diagnosis and treatment), to Greek Peak Mtn. Resort, Attn: Mary Gerlach, 2000 NYS Rte. 392, Cortland, NY 13045, by March 1,2014.
- The amount refunded will be a prorated portion of course fees (lesson and rental fees) based on the number of program weeks remaining after the occurrence date of the medical condition preventing participation. The bus transportation charge ($120) included in the course fee is not refundable.
- All refunds will be issued in the form a credit card “credit” or check for the equivalent of the unused services of Greek Peak, less Greek Peak’s $5.00 processing fee.
- There will be no refund of course fees if withdrawal occurs after completion of a 5th lesson.