To register for the Cornell Ski or Snowboard course, you will need to go to:
Greek Peak offers five levels of ski and snowboard instruction based on ability level:
- Never Ever (Level 1) - this level is for those who have never tried skiing or snowboarding
- Beginner (Level 2) - this level is for those who have skied or snowboarded before, are able to get on and off a chairlift and are comfortable on green circle (easy) trails
- Intermediate (Level 3) - this level is for those who can link turns but still moderate speed,ski in a small wedge and at times may even be parallel at the end of the turn and are comfortable with blue square (intermediate) trails
- Advanced/Expert (Level 4/5) - this level is for those that ski/board with good technique on all terrain and snow conditions, can ski moghuls and are able to ski black diamond trails with confidence using carved turns.
Please select the class that best fits your ability level.
The Ski and Snowboard courses run for six (6) consecutive weeks on the same day/time, starting on Friday, Jan. 29, Saturday, Jan. 30 and Sunday, Jan. 31, 2016. There are no classes during the February break on Feb. 12, 13 & 14. It is important that your schedule permits attendance on this day throughout the season because you must attend five (5) of the six (6) lessons offered (including a maximum of two (2) make up lessons) to receive college credit. BUS TRANSPORTATION IS INCLUDED ONLY FOR FRIDAY AND SATURDAY COURSES. You must provide your own transportation for the Sunday class. The course includes a five hour pass, 1 ¾ hour lesson, and rental equipment if needed.
How the Course Works:
On Fridays and Saturdays buses will pick up on campus at two locations: West Campus near the Baker Flag Pole and on North Campus next to RPU. Please be on time.
Friday Courses – West Campus Pickup at 2:20 pm; North Campus Pickup at 2:30pm; arriving at Greek Peak at 3:30pm. The buses leave Greek Peak at 9:00pm.
Saturday Courses – West Campus Pickup at 12:00pm; North Campus Pickup at 12:15pm; arriving at Greek Peak at 1pm. The buses leave Greek Peak at 6:30pm
If you arrive at Greek Peak by bus, you will be met by either a Greek Peak or Cornell representative who will take attendance and make announcements. All students will receive their College PE Photo ID card at their first class/session. This card must be worn on your jacket for every class as this serves as your lift ticket/rental pass. If you drive to Greek Peak for the Sunday class, you will go to the Welcome Center, present your college ID card, pick up your College PE Photo ID card and check in. When your class is over you will sign out at the Welcome Center to verify your five hours have been completed. Each week thereafter, you will go to the Welcome Center to check in and out.
Participants' passes are valid: Fridays 3:30 – 8:30 pm; Saturdays and Sundays 1:00 – 6:00 pm.
The lesson meeting spot is located next to the Alpha Slope (Beginner’s Chair Lift). If exiting the rental building, proceed directly across the metal bridge. Please be there 10 minutes early.
The lesson times are as follows:
- Fridays: Beginner Lessons are 4:30pm; Intermediate and Advanced Lessons are 6:30pm
- Saturdays and Sundays: Beginners Lessons are 1:30pm; Intermediate and Advanced Lessons are 3:30pm
Students must register for the course with both Cornell University’s Physical Education Department and Greek Peak. ADD DEADLINE FOR PE: Friday, Jan. 30. DROP DEADLINE FOR PE: Friday, Feb. 6 2015.
To register with Greek Peak, go to: https://sales.greekpeak.net
Fees and Payment:
Fridays & Saturdays (transportation included)
Lesson, Program and Bus $391.68
Lesson, Program, Bus and Equipment Rental $476.80
Lesson, Program, Bus, Equipment Rental and Helmet Rental $517.12
Sundays (no transportation)
Lesson and Program $271.68
Lesson, Program and Equipment Rental $356.80
Lesson, Program, Equipment Rental and Helmet Rental $356.80
(Equipment rental includes skis, boots & poles or a snowboard and boots. A helmet is optional. Prices above include taxes/fees)
Course Changes or Drops:
No refunds will be awarded after the semester’s Drop/Add period. A consideration will be given for medical conditions that prevent the participant from completing the course.
Be sure to dress warmly. Outer clothing should be windproof and water proof. It is better to over dress and shed additional layers than to lack the appropriate clothing.
All students who sign up for this course are responsible for checking their University e-mail for messages. Communications like class cancellations will be posted here. Please check for your messages the day before and the day of your class.
Except for extenuating circumstances requiring college advisor’s approval, the following must be achieved in order to receive college credit and a passing grade:
- Attend at least one of the first two scheduled lessons.
- Attend a total of five lessons (to include a maximum of two make up lessons)
Make Up Lessons:
A make up lesson may not be completed on your scheduled lesson day and must be completed no later than the last day of the College PE program (3/13/16) as listed below.
NOTE: If you purchased transportation with your program, you may ride the bus on your non-scheduled day (Friday or Saturday) to attend a make up lesson.
The opportunity to perform a make up lesson will start the fifth week of lessons and end on each college’s 6th lesson day.
- Monday All Levels 6:30 pm 2/29
- Thursday All Levels 12:00 pm 3/3
- Fridays All Levels 6:30 pm 3/4 and 3/11
- Saturdays All Levels 3:30 pm 3/5 and 3/12
- Sundays All Levels 3:30 pm 3/6 and 3/13
Make Up Lesson Procedure:
Upon arrival at Greek Peak, go to the main Ticket Window in the Katalima building to sign in and pick up your lift ticket. You must present your Greek Peak College PE photo ID card to pick up your lift ticket. If you are renting equipment, your card will be scanned and you will be issued a rental ticket and can go directly to the preferred line in the Rental area. Then, proceed to the Lesson Meeting Spot and explain that you need to take a make up lesson. The instructor will give you a card to fill in with your name, College, Student ID # and Date. Be sure the card has been returned to the Instructor to receive credit for your make up lesson.
It is the policy of Greek Peak Mountain Resort that no refund of course fees will be given for withdrawals (from the course) which occur after your college’s DROP deadline.
A consideration will be given for medical conditions (occurrences) that prevent a participant from completing their ski/snowboard program. The consideration is as follows:
- Anyone seeking a refund must send a letter of request, including medical documentation of illness / injury (physician’s statement or hospital report, containing diagnosis and treatment), to Greek Peak Mtn. Resort, Attn: Mary Gerlach, 2000 NYS Rte. 392, Cortland, NY 13045, by March 1, 2016.
- The amount refunded or charged will be a prorated portion of course fees (lesson and rental 2. fees) based on the number of program weeks remaining after the occurrence date of the medical condition preventing participation. The bus transportation charge ($120), if purchased with the course fee, is not refundable.
- All refunds will be issued in the form a credit card “credit” or check for the equivalent of the unused services of Greek Peak, less Greek Peak’s $10 processing fee and Cornell P.E.’s $20 service fee.
- There will be no refund of course fees if withdrawal occurs after the completion of a 5th lesson.